This is a quick and easy meal for one of those busy summer evenings when you don’t have a lot of time or want to heat up the kitchen.
- 4 chicken breast pieces
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning (we use Frontier)
- coconut oil for pan, if you’re not grilling
- 1/8 c. finely diced red onion
- 1-15 ounce can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- pinch chili powder
- 1/4 c. cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 organic Romaine Hearts, washed and cut
- 1-15 ounce jar Black Bean and Corn salsa (for grain-free, use regular salsa)
- sour cream
- avocado, diced
- In a medium sized bowl, gently fold the cumin, chili powder, cilantro, and lime juice with the black beans.
- Season chicken breast pieces with taco seasoning.
- Either grill or pan cook the chicken breasts until the thickest part reaches 170 degrees F; let rest about 10 minutes, then cut into strips.
- To serve, layer the lettuce, black bean mixture, salsa, avocado, chicken, and sour cream.