My friend shared this brilliant idea with me, so I thought I’d share it with you all here. It’s made cutting and eating watermelon so much less of a chore!
1. Start with half a watermelon.
2. Cut all four sides to make a sort of squarish shape.
3. Carefully trim the top off the square.
4. Trim the corners.
(Corners are trimmed.)
5. Make vertical slices.
6. Then make horizontal slices.
And voila! You have perfect three-bite watermelon “sticks.” If you want cubes, simply make one or two more cuts.
For any extra watermelon left on the trimmings, I like to take a spoon and shave the extras into a bowl. There’s always someone around who is happy to eat a little snack!
You’ll never miss the crust with this easy, delicious Chicken Pizza recipe!
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast (4 pieces), thinly sliced
- Basil, to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1-14 ounce jar Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/8 c. mushrooms, sliced (I used canned)
- 1/2 c. black olives, sliced
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella
- about 1 tablespoon avocado oil for baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread oil in a large 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Place chicken breast pieces in the baking dish and sprinkle with basil, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder and salt, to taste.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. The inside will be slightly pink.
- Pour the pizza sauce on top of the chicken.
- Top with red bell pepper, mushrooms, black olives, pepperoni, and, finally, cheese.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes, until cheese is starting to turn brown.
We use these popsicle molds.
Alternatively, you can use any fresh, pureed fruit.
- Fill molds 1/4 way with yogurt, then a thin later of jam. Repeat until mold is full.
- Take a butter knife and slide through the layers to make the layers blend slightly, but not completely.
- Freeze 6-12 hours.
Inspired by these popsicles.