Summer means cucumbers and cucumbers mean pickles! This pickle recipe has a strong vinegar taste with a hint of sweetness, so feel free to cut back on the vinegar if you like a milder pickle.
- 20 oz cucumbers, sliced into spears or chips, ends discarded
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 c. hot water
- 1/8 c. sugar (Zulka Morena)
- 1 c. Bragg’s Raw Apple Cider VInegar
- 1/4 c. dried dill weed
- 1 T. salt
- In three clean pint-size canning jars, place your cucumbers and garlic.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix hot water, sugar, ACV, dill weed, and salt. Let cool.
- Pour the water mixture over the cucumbers, top with lids and rings, and refrigerate.
- After a day or so, check the pickles for readiness.
Makes 3 pints cucumber pickles.