These delicious little fat bombs taste like apple pie! Even my child who is a picky eater begged for more.
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and diced into 1/2 inch pieces, with the peel on
- 1/3 c. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 c. Xylitol (I like Xylo-Sweet. You could use honey or maple syrup, too.)
- 3/4 c. coconut cream (I like Thai Kitchen)
- In a skillet, melt coconut oil on high heat. Stir in cinnamon and salt. Add apples and cook on medium heat until tender but not mushy, stirring frequently.
- Once apples are cooked, add coconut cream and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add xylitol and stir until blended.
- In a lined or greased mini muffin tin, spoon the mixture into the tin.
- Place tray in freezer until solid, then remove “pucks” and store in a small zip-lock or glass container. Store in freezer.
Makes about 16 mini-muffin sized fat bombs.
Based on this recipe from Delicious Obsessions.