- 1 head organic cauliflower florets, steamed
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1/4 c. almond meal OR 2-3 T. coconut flour
- 1/2 t. oregano
- 1/4 t. basil
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil or avocado oil for greasing the pan
- 1 c. Pizza Sauce
- 1 c. + 2 c. Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Toppings like pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, spinach – just don’t overload it
- Another good combo is pesto for the sauce with mozzarella, chicken and Toma tomatoes
1. Line a mixing bowl with a tea towel.
2. Place the cauliflower on top of the tea towel in the bowl. Rice it finely with a potato masher or a fork.
3. Twist up the tea towel and squeeze the excess water out of the cauliflower.
4. Dump the cauliflower into the bowl. Add eggs, almond meal or coconut flour, spices, salt, and Parmesan to the bowl and blend well.
5. Evenly spread a thin layer of oil on a baking sheet. I use a perforated Demarle baking sheet (12″x17″) lined with a Silpat.
6. Press the cauliflower mixture onto the baking sheet in an even layer. Do not put toppings on yet.
7. Bake at 425 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until brown on the edges. This crust is best taken out just before it starts to get burned.
8. Top with sauce, cheese, toppings – don’t overload it! Bake until the cheese is golden brown, about 8 minutes.
9. Cool, cut, and enjoy!