This cheese sauce is just as creamy as Velveeta but far healthier! No “cheese product” here. I have added garlic powder for a kick, but feel free to leave it out if you like.
- 1/4 c. butter
- 3/4 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add cheese and whisk constantly. When it starts to melt, add heavy cream and continue to whisk constantly.
- When the cheese sauce comes together, add salt, pepper, and garlic, and whisk a few times.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour over steamed cauliflower, broccoli, or cabbage.