It’s not summer without Cucumbers and Onion Salad! Growing up, this was a frequent dish my mom served alongside the main course, oftentimes made with fresh veggies still warm from the garden. Now, I serve it to my family, with a few adjustments to make it my own.
- 1 large cucumber (you may need more, depending on the size of your cucumbers)
- 1/2 c. white or yellow onion
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise (gluten-free)
- 2 T. red wine vinegar, wine vinegar, or raw apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a serving dish, whisk together mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Thinly slice the onion into half-moons.
- Slice the cucumber into discs.
- Gently toss the veggies with the mayonnaise dressing.
- Top with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for about 15-30 minutes before serving.
This recipe is completely flexible. You can adjust the measurements to taste. Usually, I don’t even measure. Also, play around with the spices. Try dill, garlic, thyme and more!